Friday, October 24, 2008



Just got my yearly report from the utilities company, and once again managed to get some money back by saving energy! In the last 2 years I have reduced my energy consumption by about half! From almost 3500KWh in 2006 to a bit more than 1500KWh this year, and from almost 4000m3 of gas in 2006 to less than 2000m3 this year! You can see the graphics provided by the company that compare my consumption with that of the neighbors.

In terms of gas I am now at the same level as the neighbors, but most neighbors have smaller houses that I do...so I hope that that explains it...anyway, I am currently in the process of properly insulation the attic. More of that soon! Also in the plan is to acquire a new, more efficient boiler. I would like to get the consumption below the 1000m3/year.

In terms of electricity I don't really know what to do further to save electricity...

In the plans for this season is also to finally reuse rain water to flush the toilets. This year we spent about 90 liters of water per person per day. I would like to reduce that!

No comments: